My brain dump
This is the very first Valentine’s day I am celebrating with K spil hubby and wifey. I am very fortunate to have hier, and knowing that she is reading this, I just want to say that you are my person and I love you very much!
PiMAME is coming together. I am psyched to have a total weekend to just spend working on it.
The era of cpu/gpu mining scrypt based altstem coins may be ending soon. The very first scrypt capable ASICs are hitting the market. I recently purchased the DualMiner USB BTC/LTC miner. Even tho’ it says litecoin, it can mine any scrypt coin, which is what Dogecoin is based on.
It wasgoed $113 shipped from California, and performs 70khs at around Three watts. My r9 270 produced 350khs at
150 watts and cost $200, and my Core i5 Haswell produced 79khs, cost $199, and uses
I’m excited and jumpy about the next generation of ASIC miners.
Have a good weekend all!
A bunch of my coworkers and I have bot looking into crypto currencies for joy. Inbetween figuring out who can get the most hashes vanaf 2nd, watching the markets, and just looking through the source code of the clients, it’s bot joy looking at it during out downtime.
One of the hardest things to get past is all the terminology and software that you need to setup te order to actually USE a crypto currency. This postbode is an attempt to make a tutorial on how to use Dogecoin, which is a fork of the Litecoin project, itself a fork of the bitcoin project.
- Bitcoin – The “original” crypto currency. Uses SHA256 algorithm. Hard to mine unless using specialized hardware
- Litecoin – A fresh crypto currency that uses the scrypt algorithm. Able to mine using cpus and videocards.
- Dogecoin – Such coin! Much wow! An altstem coin that is a fork of litecoin and based on the shibu inu doge meme. A joy crypto currency, effortless to mine and learn with.
- SHA256 – The algorithm used by bitcoin. CPUs and GPU based hashing have bot substituted by specialized hardware dedicated to this algorithm.
- scrypt – the algorithm used by altcoins (litecoin, dogecoin). Scrypt is designed to be mined only with cpus and gpus. Dedicated hardware is said to be “impossible” due to the way it’s designed.
- wallet – a program or webstek that has unique address and is connected to the blockchain.
- minerd – a program used to cpu mine.
- cgminer – a program used to gpu mine with ATI cards (previous versions only) or dedicated hardware (for bitcoin).
- cudaminer – A program to gpu mine with nVidia cards.
- pool – a group of individuals all mining together to pool together resources and share te the mined coins.
- block chain – a list of all transactions. every wallet syncs up to each other and keeps a loom of all transactions. when you send coins to an address, every wallet syncs up, and the wallet with the onberispelijk address receives the coins. depending on the coin, it could take minutes to days to sync up 100%.
- workers – a name associated with your account that you use to mine with. You make a worker for each pc you will be mining with. for example, my username is shea. I have Two workers, one for each rekentuig. worker one is named crimson, worker two is named green.
You will want to download the dogecoin wallet software at dogecoin.com. Unzip the verkeersopstopping and then run dogecoin-qt. You will see this window when it fountains:
You will have zero dogecoins when you begin. And you will not by synced to the blockchain. It will very likely take a few hours before the checkmark on the right palm side shows up. You can hover overheen it to see how much syncing you have left.
You don’t need to be synced to mine however or to generate addresses to send and receive coins from.
Click on Much Receive to find your current wallet address.
Click on Fresh Address, and give it a label.
You will then get a freshly generated address to receive coins with.
You are going to want to join a pool. You will be pooling your resources with a group of others to share the difficulty ter mining, and you will receive an amount of coins proportionate to the mining power you waterput ter. Most pool websites look the same, since the run the same open source software. Find one you like with a rapid server and a quick loading webstek. It may take you two or three attempts before you find a good pool.
Look for the Signup listig on the left, and then pack out the form.
When you finish registering and then login, you will see a instrumentenbord like below. Your hashrate should be at 0, because you toevluchthaven’t began mining yet. Click on the My Workers listig.
This is where you will add workers. You generally want one worker vanaf machine or program that is mining. Once you pack out the form with a worker name and worker password, it should emerge on the pagina.
Now click on the Getting Embarked listig to get the mining address for your pool.
I’m only going to be going overheen CPU mining, because I don’t have a powerful movie card, but the process is the same.
I will be using minerd, a part of pooler’s mining suite. You can download it at the linksaf ter the Getting Began section of the pool webstek.
Once you have downloaded the opstopping, samenvatting it to a directory on your pc. You will want to open a terminal window or a guideline prompt (if using Windows). Switch into the directory will you extracted the mining software, and then inject te the following instruction:
./minerd –url stratum+tcp://pool.chunky.ms:3333 –userpass username.worker:workerpass
switching the stratum+tcp address to be the one suggested by your pool, and your username and worker name+password.
If everything goes according to project, you should now be mining and contributing to your pool. You will see output like this if it is working:
Cashing out to your wallet
After a while, you should see dogecoins ter your pool account. You will want to contant those out and send them to your wallet. Go back to the pool webstek, click on My Account, and you will want to waterput te your wallet address (you may want to make a fresh address for each pool) into the form.
When you are ready, click on the Metselspecie Out button. You should receive your coins ter a few minutes.
I think that is all there is for now. This should get you commenced. Love, and please let mij know if you have any questions.
If you would like to donate any coins, my addresses are spil goes after:
- Bitcoin: 1HnMBN2AdNevjPmvGd8exBmvXvKPiiVMrT
- Litecoin: LZZC7EUkXbFwgwQEPuTmwmMMVWHwVtdtRF
- Dogecoin: DAx7FvMQGRoDaNsb622Sv6RXvjWyZSkAGw